Thomson supports HD rollout of cable provider HOT in Israel
Thomson announced today that it has extended its relationship with HOT, the leading cable provider in Israel with 900,000 customers.
Thomson will deliver new set-top boxes to support the operator’s move to high definition television. The Group will also provide professional services to accompany the migration of currently installed set-top boxes to a single conditional access system from NDS, NDS VideoGuard®.
To guarantee the success of the launch of its HD services, HOT has once again selected Thomson, as a supplier. Thomson currently provides an interactive set-top box, supporting both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 compression, and including a built-in DOCSIS data modem, allowing HOT to offer high-speed broadband data for internet access alongside the digital cable television service. The set-top box also gives access to HOT’s comprehensive offering, including interactive services and games. The box supports Open TV middleware for interactive applications with an embedded NDS EPG and NDS VideoGuard conditional access.
Thomson will also support the migration of HOT’s entire service to VideoGuard conditional access from NDS by providing support through its professional services team.
- Technicolor and Paramount Renew DVD Services Contract
- Thomson Signs Contract with LiveTV for Development of IPTV Technology for Aircraft
- Thomson supports HD rollout of cable provider HOT in Israel
- Technicolor renews and expands its program production contract with FRANCE 24
- Thomson maintains its focus on profitability and cash flow improvement as market conditions remained challenging in 3Q 2009